1. i LOVE rereading old emails. i just cleaned out my inbox and it felt like scraping dust out of my heartbox...so much cleaner. so much history and all the primary documents are right there. i just relived this summer and last year, all the late homework assignments and money transfers and wg-searching...oh my, oh my.
2. i had a long talk with my sister who is turning out to be a fucking sweet person. about the ages of peoples' spirits and how we would raise our children (/have children) and compassion vs passion and the first of many conversations reflecting on our upbringing/our parents' parenting. it was fabulous. and she's cool and also incredibly chill...more so than i.
3. i'm kind of stressed out currently and i think it's because i'm leaving for dc in like 6 hours and my bag isn't packed (3 minutes) and my sleep isn't had (4-12 hours) and it's too cold to go outside and smoke a j but i wish that i could. mmm.
5. dear uchicago, you torture me and i think you've stunted my growth but i also think you're awesome, mostly for bringing together such a crazy group of people that i have grown to love and miss. ali
6. currently reading: "modest_witness@second_millenium.femaleman(c)_meets_concomouse(tm)" by donna haraway
7. currently wearing: blue pants with hole in the knee; mismatched striped socks; black tshirt; yellow and white striped shirt; green and green striped sweater; red flannel shirt; bahamas hat.